Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I have a Blog!

I leave for Nicaragua in just two days and I finally have everything ready for the trip.  I picked up my anti-malaria medication from Wegmans this morning and a supply of contacts as well.  I'm a little sad that I won't get to see all of my friends before I leave, but three months will fly by.  My flight takes off at 6:40AM on Saturday and I should arrive in Managua by noon.  Whitney and Ramiro (Foundation for Sustainable Development Coordinators) are picking me up at the airport, along with the three other FSD volunteers.  We are spending the night in Managua at a hostel and will continue on to Tola Sunday morning.  It is monsoon season in Nicaragua--Whitney just sent all of the volunteers an email reminding us to bring rain gear.  She said that the rain was just starting up and that it usually only lasted about two hours during the afternoons.  I'm not sure how often I will have access to internet, but I'll post as often as I can.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. ROSE!

    This sounds absolutely FABULOUS! I am thrilled for you! You must update this as much as possible! Maybe I can use your excursions and sustainable projects and present them on my Internship with Cornell Cooperative Extension! I also get to write for the Citizen about Environmental Education so I could potentially do a piece on you! I honestly can do anything I want for it and your story would be very interesting!

    Well, I am so happy I get to say farewell Friday! See you then!!

    :) Kara

    ReplyDelete