Friday, June 10, 2011

And the chaos begins!


 We began painting today!  The original idea that I had was to schedule a time with the 6th grade teachers so that their students could help paint murals in the recreation center during their ¨cultural expression¨ class period.  The class period for cultural expression wasn´t until 2:45pm, so I figured I had plenty of time in the morning to set up all the paints and put plastic on the floor and furniture.  As it turns out, all of the students were so excited about the painting that beat me to the door!  When I arrived this morning, there were already a handful of students waiting to help me set up.

We washed the walls mixed the paint to make all different colors.  They had all of their drawings ready to transfer onto the walls, and so they began.  By the end of the day, we had finished a map of Central America, a jungle scene, a nutrition pyramid, and had a good start on a painting of the solar system and the growth process of a plant.  









No comments:

Post a Comment