Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 3

It is only Tuesday and it has already been a rough week.  I got robbed on the bus ride back from Masaya on Sunday--at least it was only my phone.  Then, on Monday, I went into the recreation room and someone had broken into it.  The desk was gone and the box of paint was left on the floor.  All of the markers were left without the tops and were all dried out.  Permanent red marker was scribbled on the floor and over all of the paintings that the students worked so hard to complete last week.  I spent the morning trying to paint over the marker.  A few more coats and I think everything will be okay.  Eduardo, the school's maitenance worker helped me fix the lock so that this won't happen again. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry! I definitely know what it's like to have someone mess up something that you put a lot of time and effort into, and it sucks. But it sounds like you took it in stride, as you always do ;) and picked up the pieces and carried on. I am so proud of you! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete